• Bernd Plagge was in Brockenlauf, Germany on the 1st for a 26.2km race up and down a mountain. He won his age group and finished 36th overall with a time of 2:07:09. Well done!
• On the 2nd, Tsutomu Ishida was up north on Sado Island for a Half Ironman triathlon, where he placed 3rd overall!!
• Michael Tandler, Raymond Wong and Satohi Numasawa ran in the Tamagawa Trail Run (20K) on the 16th. Michael was 122nd in 3:02, Raymond was 136th in 3:05 and Satohi was 214th (19th woman) in 3:18. More details to the right.• On the 26th, Raymond Wong joined the Kashiwanoha Relay Marathon with five friends, running 4 x 2km in an average 7:31, pretty good for a very hot day.
• In Karlsfeld, Germany on the 16th, Joachim Dirks ran a Half in 1:22:32, placing 2nd in his age group.
• Two of Namban’s top female runners, Rie Onodera and Chika Kanai, traveled to Ichinoseki, Iwate prefecture, for the Inchinoseki International Half Marathon on Sept. 23rd. Rie was 17th age group and 29th woman in 1:36:25. Chika was 35th woman in 1:38:13. Neither was satisfied with their time, but they very much enjoyed the race: the course was scenic and flat, the weather perfect. It was won by Japan-based Kenyan Mogusu in 1:02.
• The club 5,000m time trial on the 26th had 54 people (recorded times) going all out in the coolish weather. Top man was Nick Vaughn in 16:58 and top woman was Rie Onodera in 20:47.
Namban workouts on Wednesday nights at Oda track from 7:25pm.
• 3 – 1000 x 6
• 10 – 1200 1200 1000 1000 800 800
• 17 – 800 1000 1200 1200 1000 800
• 24 – 1000 x 6
• 31 – 5000m time trial
May be hot or cold
From typhoons to sunny skies
Month of many moods