Five Spartan Runners Prove Their FitnessSeptember 8, 2018
October 2018 5K TT resultsNovember 1, 2018
- Andy Drought went to England and ran the Carlisle 10K, emerging victorious!
- Our Spartan athletes were up in Kamikita, Gumma on the 8th. Jay Johannesen placed 2nd in his AG on the tough 13K obstacle course. Also competing were Quint Oga-Baldwin, Taeko Katano, Yuko Takamuki and Yoko Kubo.
- On the 9th, Tom Sutcliffe and Ashley Harvey were at the Satoyama 20K in Gifu pref., where they finished in 1:35 and 1:39, respectively. They enjoyed the UK-like conditions (heavy rain) and the bag of tomatoes at the end. Yuri Kambara ran the Shiroba International Trail race, placing 2nd in her AG and 8th overall. And Eric Lebrasseur and Yosuke Kimura competed in the Tranic World 43K trail race in Sotochichibu. Eric was 7th AG and 10th overall in 5:44:17 and Yosuke was 43rd AG in 7:23:18.
- Meanwhile, in America, Eliza and Erik Swedberg both ran PBs at a half marathon in Washingon state. Eliza 1:2848 1st AG, 5th woman, Erik 1:29:31 3rd AG!
- Up at the Tazawako 20K, Yuka Rayner was 2nd in her AG, Alan Cannon ran 1:25:15 for 10th AG and Terry Minegishi did the full marathon in 3:43:30.
- Kim Man Li ran the Shinetsu Mountain Trail Race (110km) in 21:08:11! Otsukaresamadeshita! (Literally: thank you for being tired.)
- Namban Rengo had a strong contingent at the Berlin Marathon. Daigo Asada ran an excellent 2:58:12, followed by Faith Geraghty 3:14:17, Rika Homma 3:16:18 (PB), Tony Collins 3:20:25, David Sweet 3:29:44 and Emily Furuichi 4:04:29. And apparently some guy named Kipchoge ran pretty well also.
- Over in the States, Brett Larner went to Boring, Oregon, where he ran the Boring Marathon, finishing 2nd AG and 4th overall, despite severe cramps. He drank Boring ale and brought back some Boring wine. Boring’s sister city is Dull, Ireland.
- At the 23rd Ichinoseki 10K, Rie Onodera, now out of the hospital and ready to run, timed 44:49 for 3rd in her AG. SeungGi Hong ran the Half in 2:20:44. It was a hot day. Satohi Numasawa also ran.
- Yuta Suda ran the Forestrail 72K in 10:05:57, good for 8th overall and an age group victory! Congratulations!
- Up at the Abashiri Marathon in northern Hokkaido. Erik and Eliza Swedberg led the way, Eliza running 3:13:06 for 1st AG, 2nd overall and a PB by 4 mins. Nick Coyle finished in 3:26, chased by “Mori-san” Morioka and Hiro Terada.
- Tomoaki Uchiki ran his first 100k race, the very hilly Naeba-sanroku Geo Park Tsunan Ultra, finishing in a fast 9:20:30, good for 2nd place in his age group.
- And in Furano, Hokkaido, Gareth and Rika Evans suffered (at least Gareth did) through a 30km trail race.
Cool, hot, cold, warm, cool.
October keeps you guessing.
And makes running fun.