NOVEMBER 2016December 4, 2016
2017 Shinjuku City Half MarathonFebruary 4, 2017
LOOKING BACK, LOOKING AHEAD
- This year, as in the past 28 years, the first Sunday of December saw several Namban Rengo teams participating in the Okutama Ekiden out in the hills in western Tokyo. In fact, this year we had more teams than ever: 5 men’s and 3 women’s, for a total of 39 runners. Our top men’s team was 43rd (115 teams) and top women’s team was 22nd (49 teams).
- Also on the 4th (I think) Tomohiro Nezu ran the Itabashi Riverside Half Marathon in 1:27:37; Bob Johnston and Yuri Kambara ran the Naha Marathon in Okinawa; Yasuo Hayakawa ran the Izumi Half in 1:40:13; and over in the USofA, Brent Millican finished the California International Marathon with a 40 sec PB in 3:04:25.
- Not sure of the dates, but in warm, lovely Singapore, Stuart McIntosh completed two races: the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon in 3:21:09 and the MR25 Marathon in 3:22 — 1st Veteran!
- The FIT 9.3km race was held in Omotesando on the 11th. Nizar Grira placed 4th in the 5K, Padraig MacColgain ran the 10K in 38:40, and Stan Chow also ran both the 10k and 5k for fun.
- That same day, in the New River Road 10 Mile, Yuki Fukushima ran 59:08 for 7th AG.
- And hopping over to Hawaii, Rika Homma completed the Honolulu Marathon in 3:42:09, as did Marcus Kosins in 4:07.
- And finally, Rie Onodera made it through the Izu Trail 71.7km race in 12:08 – a long, cold run.
May you enjoy good running in 2017.
Wednesday nights in Yoyogi Park. Meet at the kiosk 100m inside park entrance near Harajuku station at 7:15pm.
- 4 – 1000 x 6
- 11 – 2000, 1000 x 3, 500 x 2
- 18 – 1000 x 5, 500 x 2
- 25 – 5,000m time trial at Yoyogi park
HAIKU OF THE MONTH
World around is white.
It’s all quiet, soft and bright.
Running in the snow.