• Dennis Beuchner did a half marathon in Hamburg on the 1st, placing 3rd with a time of 1:27:03. The course was scenic, but had 300m elevation.
• Yosuke Kimura was in Yamanashi for the Genryu Trail Run 25K on the 8th, and recorded a time of 3:06:43.
• The Tazawako Marathon/20K/10K on the 15th was popular with Nambanners, although it was hot (26C) and hilly. Kota Torii ran the Full in 3:36:55 and Terry Minegishi ran it in 4:08:23, despite having a cracked rib!. Yoann Potiron led the way in the 20K in 1:20:17 (PB, 10th AG), followed by Alan Cannon 1:26:40 (9th AG), Tony Collins 1:28:34, Mike Rayner 1:33:12, Jonathan Goff 1:42:19, and Yuka Rayner 1:44:30, (6th AG). And Fabrizio Raponi ran the 10K in 44:19.
• Liudmila Gstv did a 100K ultra on a demanding course in hot weather, but persevered despite having done a tri 2 weeks before and not feeling good due to lack of sleep and some sickness. Only 53% of the runners finished, but she was one of them!
• The Tachikawa Cosmo 10K was held on the 21st in Showa Kinen Park. Robin Kietlinski represented Namban well by finishing as the 4th woman in 47:06.
• Colin Hickey was in Vietnam on the 22nd for the Vietnam Mountain Marathon, a 75K run with 3,145m elevation gain that was wet, muddy, steep and hot I assume. He finished it in 11:12.
• Sylvain Dufros ran a hot (28°) 21K at the Jonestu Half in Toda, Saitama in the excellent time of 1:36:45, for a new PB!
• Namban Rengo was well represented at the Berlin Marathon with great performances from Yuta Suda (sub-2:40) Dennis Buechner (2:53:51 PB!), Marieke Bouwers (2:59:12 PB!!!), Satoshi Hashimoto (3:19:41) and Eliza Swedberg (3:29) who’s doing like a marathon a week.
• More great news from overseas as Adam Osbourne WON the 40 age group at the World Masters Mountain Running Championships, on a hot day over a tough course. Congratulations!
It’s global warming.
So they say, all I know is
It’s plenty damn hot!