• Lots of Namban members ran the Kanagawa Half on the 2nd. Ryudo Tsukizaki 1:12:31,Emmanuel Obser 1:21:33 (big PB), Renaud Isman 1:22:01 (PB 4th AG), Yuichi Kanamori 1:28:16 (PB), Rie Onodera 1:36:04, Yasuo Hayakawa 1:40:02, Mika Kume 1:48:02, Glenn Rubin 1:56:03, Kim Dumont, Dan Hewins, Takeshi Koide, Yuri Kambara. 10K Gary Wilberforce 31:32 (2nd), Arnaud DeHerrypon, Mike & Rieko Trees.
• Also on the 2nd was the big Beppu-Oita Marathon, where Kota Torii ran a PB of 3:12:39. Gildas Tuffin also ran it.
• On the 8th Eliza Swedberg ran the Dead Sea Marathon in Israel, finishing 1st AG and 3rd overall woman in 3:32:51.
• The 15,000-runner Ome 30K was held on the 16th with about 20 Nambanners taking part.
• On the same day, Faith Geraghty was over in Chiba for the Chiba Seasonal Megumi Marathon, where she ran the half (although probably 20.7k) in 1:29:59 to win the female category – 32 women, it’s a small but nice event. They also have 10k and 30k, for those people not in Ome next year.
• Meanwhile, Tony Collins ran the Karugaru Marathon 10K in Yokohama. He timed 37:17 for 1st in his age group. It was in wet and muddy Hodogaya Park.
• Gary Wilberforce joined the Shibuya team for the Tokyo Tomin Ekiden, a race where 23 teams represent their home districts, each team having 6 runners doing 5k each. Gary won the second leg in 15:21, moving the Shibuya team into 1st place, where they finished. Congratulations!
• On the last day of the month, Emmanuel Obser and Faith Geraghty found a small race to enter in place of the Tokyo Marathon: the Sports Mate Shin-Yohohama Marathon. Both made the most of the chance, Emmanuel setting a PB in 2:55:12 and Faith running the half as a tempo run in 1:33:54.
• And down under in Melbourne, Chris Winter ran a season best 9:31 in the 3000m in the State League Final, and won the Warburton Fun Run 5K in 18:51.
If given a choice
Of things known as Corona
I prefer the beer.