Special Olympics Charity Ekiden in OdaibaOctober 4, 2016
OCTOBER 2016November 6, 2016
LOOKING BACK, LOOKING AHEAD
- Rika Homma ran the Karuizawa Half Marathon in 1:55 — good!
- At the Tazawako Marathon on the 18th, Terry Minegishi finished in 3:38:09, with Alan Cannon, Mike Rayner, Yuka Rayner and Nick Coyle also running. Yukiko Shimada entered the Half and ran 1:40:58, good for 8th AG, 18th overall.
- On the 22nd at the Kashiwa Noha Campus Half Marathon, David Sweet recorded a 1:28:12 and was 10th AG.
- Bob Johnston was up in Hokkaido on the 24th for the Okhotsk Abashiri Marathon, which he completed in 3:30.
- Vacationing in the US, Harrisson Uk decided to enter the Northface Challenge Series Utah 45km trail race and of course did very well, finishing in 7th place and 1st AG, despite having some altitude sickness.
- A few of our members did some horsing around at the Urawa Keiba (horse race) Relay Marathon, which was 42.195km around a muddy race track. They galloped home in 3:21 for 17th out of 99. Team members were Yukiko Shimada, Pat Higase, Derek Leong, Yuichi Kanamori and one more.
- Rika Homma ran another half marathon (!), the Echigo Yuzawa Half on the 25th, one minute faster than her previous race: 1:54:04.
- Yumi Kato decided to try a big overseas marathon, so participated in the Berlin Marathon on the 25th. Her time was a slightly disappointing 4:33 due to leg problems the last 10K, but she enjoyed it nevertheless.
Wednesday nights in Yoyogi Park. Meet at the kiosk 100m inside park entrance near Harajuku station at 7:15pm.
- 5 – 1000 x 6
- 12 – 2000, 1000 x 4
- 19 – 2000, 1000 x 3, 500 x 2
- 26 – 5,000m time trial starting at 8pm at Yumenoshima Track near Shin Kiba station (Yurakucho, Rinkai and Keiyo lines)
HAIKU OF THE MONTH
October has come.
We trained hard in summer, but
Did we do enough?