October 2018 5K TT resultsNovember 1, 2018
Namban Half & 10K Results — Nov. 4, 2018November 5, 2018
- This year’s Nagareyama 10K road race on the 7th was, in a word, HOT! 31°, probably 34 in the sun – and there was no shade. A large group of Namban runners did their best in the heat and up the hills: Gildas Tuffin, Jay Johannesen, Yoann Potiron, Andy Drought, Raymond Wong, Bob Poulson, Arnaud DeHerrypon (from Singapore!), Mike Rayner, Tony Collins (who will probably not run any more hot weather races!), Kazuo Chiba, Yumi Kato, Yuri Kambara, Ayano Onodera, Yoko Kubo, Mika Kume, Taeko Hara and Yoko Kuwada. Top times (approx) were Gildas 39:30, Tony 40:45, Jay 41:00, Andy 41:30, and Yoann 42:40. Top woman was Yumi in 51:44. Bob placed 2nd in his AG.
- Eliza Swedberg won the Green Ribbon Running Festival Half at Komazawa Koen in 1:31:48 — great on a hot, humid day! Eric Swedberg also ran.
- Rika Homma and Kylie Breeze went to the US for the big (40,000) Chicago Marathon on the 7th. Rika ran 3:23 and Kylie 3:27. Both of them enjoyed their trip.
- David Sweet was at the Chuo-ku 10K on Sports Day the 8th, and ran a PB of 39:11. Congratulations! Yoshiro Morioka also did the 10K.
- Mountain man #1 Eric Lebrasseur was back at the Hasetsune Cup 70K. He suffered but still finished in the top 100 at 96th, in 12:09:54. Rie Onodera also fought her way to a 17:02:43 finish, 66th woman. Satohi Numasawa made it to 50K. It was a hot day! Well done to all three!
- Mountain man #2 Derek Leong took up the challenge of the Yatsugatake Traverse Vertical & Trial Run, starting at 2000m elevation and running up another 1000m. Tiring just to think about it. He finished in 25th out of 100.
- On the 14th, Chris Winter ran the Melbourne Marathon, finishing in close to his PB with a 2:46:15. Congratulations!
- Satoshi Hashimoto ran the Tohoku Miyagi Revive Marathon as a medical support runner, finishing in 3:00:48. A great effort! Andrew Farmer was also there and enjoyed his run in 4:05:01. Meanwhile, Yuki Seshimo ran the Tokyo Women’s Trail Run 15K in 1:35:16 for 3rd AG and 10th overall.
- Sunday the 21st saw the running of the always popular Fruits Marathon in Koshu, Yamanashi. 14 Nambanners were there, led by Chika Kanai and Sarah Martin, who placed 2nd and 3rd in their age groups.
- Also on the 21st, Rie Onodera, Yoko Kubo and Satoshi Sase were at the Gorman Cup in beautiful Aizu. Rie ran a 1:37:18 Half, Sase-san ran a 26-minute 5K and Yoko and Rie’s husband Hiro placed 3rd in the 3k pair run.
- Down in Laos, Shohei Nemoto and Yoshiro Hikima ran the Luang Prabang Half Marathon, which they enjoyed despite a wrong turn resulting in an extra 2.7k.
- Daigo Asada ran the Tokyo Trial Half Marathon on the 27th, setting a new PB in 1:24:28. Nice!
- Lots of action on the 28th. Namban was represented at the Yokohama Marathon by Tim Barnstable 3:26:51 (PB),Nguyen Kien Quoc 3:31:05 (PB), Tony Collins 3:54:42, Kim Man Li 3:56:42, Glenn Rubin 4:19 and Ayano Onodera 4:19. Ken Pechter and Amol Bansode were also there.
- At the cold and windy Toyama Marathon, Eliza Swedberg ran 3:14, Nick Coyle 3:35:55, Yuko Takamuki 3:54:16,and Meeks Kume 4:14:21.
- At the Kanazawa Marathon Yasuo Hayakawa finished in 3:50:35.
- Faith Geraghty was at the Karuizawa Resort Half Marathon where she enjoyed the fall colors and ran a quick 1:34:19 to finish 6th female!
- Roger Berman and Yuka Rayner were at the Kanazawa Marathon.
- A strong Namban contingent was at the Teganuma Eco Half Marathon: Yuta Suda 1:11:00 4th place 30-34 AG!! Gildas Tuffin 1:21:36, Eric Lebrasseur 1:24:09, David Sweet 1:29:48, Yuichi Kanamori 1:31:02, Yuki Seshimo 1:39:46, Yuri Kambara 1:46:38, Simon Jelfs 1:51:55 Rui Natsuka 1:53:10.
- Mary Eckstein ran 15K in the Hong Kong Hike and Run, finishing 2nd in her AG. And Mami Chandler was in Venice for a very wet marathon — ankle-deep water the last 3km!
10K race in heat.
10K training on cool day.
Guess which was faster.
(34°: 45:07. 22°: 45:03)