Sendai Half MarathonMay 19, 2014
JUNE 2014July 3, 2014
LOOKING BACK, LOOKING AHEAD
First, two pieces of news that did not make it into the April results.
- On the 26th in Italy, Stefano Cordeschi ran the beautiful Tuscany 100Km in 17:26.
- And on the 29th, the Tanigawa Mari Ekiden was held along the Arakawa river with one Namban Rengo team composed of Carolyn Kim (19:41, PB by one minute), Harrisson Uk (19:14 tempo pace), Chika Kanai (21:30, despite having run a marathon the week before) and Celine Bouny (28:13, PB by two minutes). They finished 33rd out of 489 teams.
- The popular TELL Charity Runathon was held on the 3rd, with 22 Nambanners taking part. Chris Winter was 3rd in the 10K, with Anna Novick and Rie Onodera 2nd and 5th in the women’s division. In the 5K, Taeko Katano was 4th and Taeko Hara was 7th. Thanks to all for supporting TELL.
- Dennis Schulz ran his first marathon on the 4th in Germany — the Hamburg Marathon. He posted an excellent 3:20:20 in a race with 12,000 runners.
- Over in Seattle on the 4th, Jay Johannesen ran the Cinco De Mayo Half Marathon in 1:19:42, finishing 8th overall!
- 10 people traveled up to Sendai for the Sendai Half and 5K on the 11th. Beautiful weather and a beautiful run by Amanda Rice, who WON the women’s open division! And Satohi Numasawa won her 5K age group. Story and photo over on the right.
- On the same day, Aki Hoshino was a little further north in Vancouver, where she ran that city’s marathon on a cold, windy day. Nevertheless, she ran a great 3:16:24, good for 6th in her age group and 36th overall out of 2,117 women.
- Also on the 11th was the Fuji Susono Half and 10K, which a bunch of club members did, but we didn’t get any results — sorry.
- In Tri news, Brett Whiteoak placed 2nd in his age group and 35th overall in the Yokohama Triathlon on the 18th, finishing up with a 36:49 10K run!
- Trail runners Eric Lebrasseur and Yuki Seshimo tackled the Soto Chichibu Trail Run 43 on the 19th, Eric coming 7th in his age group in 5:26:42 and Yuki 6th in hers in 6:40:37.
- Derek Leong took in the nice Mt. Fuji scenery during the Yamanakako Road Race on the 25th, running the half marathon in 1:30:50.
Wednesday night workouts are at Oda Field track from 7:30pm.
- 4 – 1000 x 6
- 11 – 1200 1000 1000 800 800 800 400
- 18 – 600 800 1000 1200 1000 800 600
- 25 – 5000m time trial
HAIKU OF THE MONTH
Heat, rain, cool breezes
June shows us many faces
As we run each day