Putting The Pieces of a Puzzle TogetherJune 10, 2017
JULY 2017August 6, 2017
LOOKING BACK, LOOKING AHEAD
- June began with four intrepid Nambanners in South Africa for the Comrades ultra marathon. This year was an “up” year, plus it was unusually hot. However, all four finished with impressive times, well clear of the 12-hour limit. Yuichi Kanamori 9:38:49, Yuri Kambara 9:39:28, Nick Coyle 9:48:00 and Yukari Murahara 11:12:04.
- Faith Geraghty participated in a rare Saturday night race: the Kasai Seaside Park Night Half Marathon. Her time on a hot night was 1:38:30, good enough to place as the second female. There was also a Bob Johnston sighting.
- Rika Homma accomplished her first 100K run in Okinoshima, finishing in the spectacular time of 11:07:20 (6:40/km for 100km). That’s 2-1/2 marathons, folks.
- Alan Cannon and Derek Leong took to the mountains for the Three Peaks Yatsugatake Trail Race on the 11th. Alan finished the 23km course in 2:20:00 (55th).
- At the Norikura Tenku Marathon on the 18th, Rie Onodera opted for the 35km course and completed it in 3:22:05 for 5th place overall.
- SeungGi Hong got her fill of watermelon at the aptly named Watermelon Race on the 25th. She set a 10K PB (in hot weather!) of 56:36.
- And In Germany, Dennis Buechner had a great race at the Hamburg Half Marathon. His target was 1:25 and he finished in 1:24:49, good for 99th out of 8,700 finishers.
NOTE: Track closed on 5th and 12th, we will be in Yoyogi Park, meeting at the kiosk at 7:30pm.
- 5 – 1000 x 6
- 12 — 2000, 1000 x 3, 500 x 2
- 19 – A Group: 1200, 1000 x 2, 800 x 3, 400. B Group: 1200, 1000 x 2, 800 x 3, 400
- 26 – 5,000m time trial
HAIKU OF THE MONTH
No sense complaining.
The sun is oblivious.
Get out there and sweat!