JULY 2015August 6, 2015
SEPTEMBER 2015October 6, 2015
LOOKING BACK, LOOKING AHEAD
- August 2nd, Philippines, Cebu Half Ironman, insanely hot. Keren Miers and Philippe Boue were there, didn’t let the heat beat them.
- Namban women were also triathloning on the 2nd. At Kamaishi, Rieko Trees was 1st woman, Mika Tokairin was 1st Age Group and Mika Kume was 2nd AG. Oh, and Motozo Rubenstein tagged along, finishing 4th in his AG. This was a welcome revival of the Tri, which had not been held since the 2011 tsunami.
- And one person actually did a running race on the 2nd — Bob Johnston, who did a 48:04 10K in Suginami. Yes, it was hot.
- Back to triathlons on the 30th, as Keren Miers,Mika Tokairin and Lisa Miyasugi were 1st in their age groups at Kisarazu. Impressive! Gildas Tuffin was also there.
Wednesday night workouts are at Oda Field track from 7:30pm.
- 2 – 1000 x 6
- 9 – 1200, 1000 x 2, 800 x 3, 400
- 16 – 600 800 1000 1200 1000 800 600
- 23 – 1000 x 4, 800 x 2, 400
- 30 – 5000m time trial
HAIKU OF THE MONTH
First light, air is still
A solitary runner
Welcomes the new day.