JULY 2014August 6, 2014
SEPTEMBER 2014October 3, 2014
LOOKING BACK, LOOKING AHEAD
- Jay Johannesen injected some vigorous activity into his Singapore vacation with a Park Run 5k on the 16th, which he completed in 18:15. The Singapore version of this popular event (UK and Australia) is organized by Namban’s Carol Cunningham.
- On the 24th, Richard Bysouth was in Toyako for Ironman Japan (3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run). He finished in 14:04:21, a PB by 28 minutes.
- One more summer Ultra, after last month’s batch, Chih Liew Hoe gutted his way through the Shiga Kogen Extreme Triangle, a 63km trail race held on the 30th. Tough race – goes up five mountains, then down, then flat for 7k (the only flat part), then up another five mountains! And there are only two aid stations. And it was muddy. He managed to finish in 17:18, good for 188th out of 472 men (but only 297 finished). Tough guy!
Wednesday night workouts are at Oda Field track from 7:30pm.
- 3 – 1000 x 6
- 10 – 1200, 1000 x 2, 800 x 3, 400
- 17 – 1600, 1000 x 2, 800 x 2, 400 x 2 (B group 400 x 1)
- 24 – 5000m time trial
HAIKU OF THE MONTH
Stop and shake your head.
Like a dog shedding water
The sweat never stops.