LOOKING BACK, LOOKING AHEAD
- No April Fool’s Day runs, but on the 2nd, Eric Lebrasseur did the Hasetsune 30K trail run in 1:23:32.
- And Stefano Coradeschi ran the Rome Marathon (of course!) in a PB time of 3:24.
- Overseas on the 8th, Marie Gras won (!) the Mount Qingcheng 30K Trail Race in China, and Rika Homma participated in the Guam Marathon, posting a time of 3:52:53 with a sore achilles.
- On the track at Komazawa, Yuki Fukushima ran a very fast 4:35 1500m and Khalfan Juma and Satoshi Hashimoto were also speedy in the 5,000m, posting 17:40 (close to 10-year PB) and 18:21.
- Springtime marathons on the 16th: Nagano, where Yuichi Kanamori recorded a 4 min. PB of 3:07:10, Bob Johnston ran 3:52 and Yosuke Kimura and Mike Rayner also ran, and Kasumigaura, where Chika Kanai ran 3:32:23 and Yasuo Hayakawa 4:03:20.
- Seven (!) Nambanners traveled to Boston for the iconic Boston Marathon on the 19th. On a very warm day, results were: Emmanuel Gomez 3:07:42, Steve Karnas 3:13:20, Satoshi Hashimoto 3:14:14, Kylie Breeze 3:29:45, Jeffrey Wang 3:42:26, Alan Cannon 3:42:53 and Keren Miers 3:49:01.
- On the 22nd, Mike Trees was in Auckland, NZ for the World Masters Games, and came in 4th AG in the 5,000m in 17:38—not bad only 6 months after back surgery! He then won the Tri and Open Water Swim events. On the same day, Marie Gras ran the Naguri Trail Race – 25k in 3:58, 22 mins faster than last year!
- There was a big Ultra Marathon on the 23rd: the Fuji 5 Lakes. Eric Lebrasseur did the 100K 4 Lakes division, finishing in 9:38, which if my math is correct, works out to an amazing 5:47/km!! Yuri Kambara did the 71K 3 Lakes version, in a time of 8:03. Congratulations to both!
- Padraig MacColgain and Bob Poulson were up in Tochigi on the 29th for the Yukemuri (hot spring steam) Marathon, Padraig running the 10K in 42:49 and Bob in 43:18 (last 4k uphill).
- 3 – 1000 x 6
- 7 — Beer Mile in Yoyogi Park at 2:30
- 10 – 800, 1000, 1200, 1200, 1000, 800
- 17 – 1200, 1200, 1000, 1000, 800, 800
- 24 – 1600, 1000 x 3, 800, 400
- 31 – 5,000m time trial
HAIKU OF THE MONTH
Time to think about
Slimming down for the summer.
New diet maybe?