Start time: 12:10 PM
Course: Fukuoka Asahi International Marathon Course sanctioned by JAAF.
Official web: http://www.fukuoka-marathon.com/en/index.html
Eligibility : Male runners who have achieved the following times in an official event of the International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF) or a race for members of the Association of International Marathons and Distance Races (AIMS) between December 1, 2013, and the application date and who are aged 19 years or older on the day of the race:
1) Marathon: under 2 hours 27 minutes
2) 30 km road race: under 1 hour 35 minutes
3) Half-marathon: under 1 hour 05 minutes
1) Marathon: under 2 hours 40 minutes
2) 30 km road race: under 1 hour 50 minutes
3) Half-marathon: under 1 hour 10 minutes
Fukuoka International Marathon Secretariat
2-1-1 Hakata-ekimae, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka City 812-8511, Japan
*Applicants will be notified of the results of the selection process (whether or not they can participate) by the end of October.
Application period : Thursday, September 1 – Monday, September 26, 2016
1. The starting line for B Group will be in Ohori Park. (However, some B Group runners may be asked to start in Heiwadai Stadium.)
2. Checkpoints will close after the following running times. Traffic controls will be lifted after these times, so late competitors will not be able to continue the race.
Distance 5km 10km 15km 20km 25km 30km 35km 40km
Race time 19:30 39:00 58:30 1:18:00 1:37:30 1:57:00 2:17:00 2:37:30
3. If race officials judge that a competitor, after passing a checkpoint, is not going to complete the next stage in time and therefore should not continue the race, they may order that competitor to drop out midway through the race.
4. Competitors who do not reach a checkpoint before its closing time or who are ordered to drop out of the race should remove their number cards and board a pickup vehicle as indicated.
5. The reception for special food and drinks is for A Group competitors only.
6. During the race, depending on traffic conditions, etc. at junctions and pedestrian crossings, competitors may be stopped in an emergency to allow vehicles or pedestrians to cross. Please follow the instructions of officials at such times.